Saturday, December 31, 2011

Part 2

I was feeling a little "off" during the evening but just put it down to moving, pregnancy hormones etc, I had just finished eating dinner and decided to have a shower and go to bed and rest.  As I undressed I noticed I was bleeding and of course i started to panic.  I screamed for Shane and he wondered into the bathroom to find me on the floor crying my eyes out, "Somethings wrong" I cried, "I think I'm loosing the baby", Shane phoned my mum who came straight over.

By this time i managed to get myself together and went to the toilet, it was there that i actually miscarried the baby
.
This was the second time I had miscarried. The first was before Mr K.

I blamed myself for this happening. Had I lifted something too heavy in our move?  Was it all the stress I was under leading up to the move?,  there were all these horrible thoughts going around in my head but in my heart I knew I couldn't change anything and I had to move on and be a mum to my little boy.

A few months later I discovered we were pregnant again, but this time I was weary about telling everyone.  I didnt want to get too excited so we decided to keep it a secret for awhile (which is very hard for me to do), and we only told our immediate families. 

My Dr wanted me to have a Ultrasound to confirm how many weeks pregnant i was.  According to my cycle I thought i was 8 weeks by now, but my hormone levels in the blood tests didnt match up. Already alarm bells were ringing. So off Shane and I went to have the Ultrasound which was on a Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sad. I'm glad you had Shane to support you.

    You've got me hanging with anticipation for what happened at the ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete